Dinosaur City Records, Half Strange and Heaps Normal - with support from the Australian Council for the Arts - are proud to announce
Half Strange – A Music Tour From the City to the Outback and Back from September 23 to October 14, 2023.
For a small-town tour, Half Strange 2023 has a big schedule, with eight days of festivities across three weeks. The tour kicks off in Adelaide Hills on September 23 before three bus-loads of artists and crew convoy north, stopping for performances in Jamestown, Melrose and Hawker across the Labour Day long weekend. A selection of artists will undertake a one-week artist residency at Oratunga Station in Blinman following the South Australian leg of the tour, where they will be encouraged to engage and respond to their surroundings through workshops facilitated to maximise engagement and a deeper understanding of the local landscapes and cultural significance including an Aboriginal owned and led cultural tour of Adnyamathanha country. The residency group will then continue east to White Cliffs, Silverton and Broken Hill, before travelling south for the ultimate closing party at Thornbury Bowls Club.
Tour Dates & Tickets
Saturday, September 23
Snowy, Workhorse, Danika, Nathalie Pavlovic, Jess Johns Band, Keeskea and Purr
@ Backyard Show, Adelaide Hills, Kaurna Land, SA
Thursday, September 28
Scraps, Punko, False Colours and Great Statue
@ Railway Hotel Motel, Jamestown, Ngadjuri Country, SA
Friday, September 29
Emma Russack, Workhorse, Danika, Nika Mo, Silvia, Jess Johns Band
@ Jacka Brothers Brewery, Melrose, Ngadjuri Country, SA
Saturday, September 30
Emma Russack, Workhorse, Danika, Jess Johns
@ Family Fun Day, Blue Burt Park, Hawker, Adnyamathanha Country, SA
Friday, October 6
Bodies of divine infinite and eternal spirit, Punko, Scraps, Elmo Aoyama, Great Statue and Simona Castricum
@ White Cliffs Hotel, White Cliffs, Barkindji Country, NSW
Saturday, October 7
Bodies of divine infinite and eternal spirit, Punko, Scraps, Elmo Aoyama, Great Statue
@ Palace Hotel, Broken Hill, Wilyakali Country, New South Wales
Sunday, October 8
Emma Russack, Workhorse, Danika, Silvia
@ Silverton Hotel, Silverton, Wilyakali Country, NSW
Saturday, October 14
Bodies of divine infinite and eternal spirit, Troth, 00__ , Simona Castricum, Ripple Effect Band and The Garbage & The Flowers
@ Thornbury Bowling Club, Thornbury, Wurundjeri Country, NSW
Half Strange makes, promotes and exhibits music on Aboriginal land.
We pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Always was, and always will be Aboriginal land.
Free entry is guaranteed for all First Nations attendees, by emailing email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WIN RETURN FLIGHTS TO BROKEN HILL + 3-NIGHT STAY AT THE ICONIC PRISCILLA SUITE @ THE PALACE HOTEL + TICKETS TO THE TOUR GIGS ON OCT 7 & 8
From 2:00pm Tuesday 19 Sep 2023 AEDT to 11:59pm Monday 25 Sep 2023 AEDT
Each entrant shall enter the competition via Instagram post by tagging another Instagram user in the comments of the specified post by @heapsnormal and both should be following the @heapsnormal account. There is no maximum number of entries per user.
Are there any entry restrictions?
Entry to the Competition is open to: Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide residents aged 18 years or over. No purchase is necessary. Winners will not be required to pay to enter the competition. Employees of The Promoter are not eligible to enter. Instagram or Facebook is not in any way affiliated with or involved in the competition.
What is the actual prize?
The winner (and their plus one) shall receive:
- Flight to and from Broken Hill (Departure on Oct 6 and returning on Oct 9). Winners must be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide.
- 3-night stay at the Priscilla Suite at the Palace Hotel from Oct 6 to 9.
- Transport to and from the Silverton Hotel
- Tickets to the Half Strange gigs at Broken Hill (Oct 7) & Silverton Hotel (Oct 8).
When will the winners be announced?
The competition is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in determining the winner.
The winner selection will occur on the 26 of September 2023 where one (1) winner shall be digitally drawn randomly from all entries received throughout the competition period.
The winner will be notified by Heaps Normal via Instagram on the draw date. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner.
The Prize must be claimed by 09:00pm AEDT on Tuesday 26 September 2023. If for whatever reason the Prize is not claimed by this date the winner forfeits the prize.
If any person first chosen as a winner is found to be ineligible, they will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected as a replacement winner.
Note: The prize is non-transferable
General Terms and Conditions Introduction
1. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Competition. By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. All entries must be received by 11:59pm on 25th Sep 2023. One (1) winner must be in Australia and will be selected at random by the promoter after 12:00pm 25th Sep 2023 and the winner will be notified on this date.
2. Any capitalised terms used in these General Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the Schedule unless stated otherwise. In the event of any inconsistency between the Schedule to the Terms and Conditions (Schedule) and these General Terms and Conditions, the Schedule will take precedence.
3. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion refuse to award any Prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry into the Competition is free.
5. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions. An entrant of the Competition must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Directors, immediate family members, employees and contractors of the Promoter and any agencies, retailers and suppliers directly associated with the Competition, or with the provision of the Prize, are not eligible to enter.
6. Australian residents only. Must be living in Adelaide, Sydney or Melbourne.
7. Entrants must be over 18 years old on the date of their entry.
8. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
9. To enter the Competition, entrants must enter the Competition in accordance with the Entry Method (and any other entry details provided by the Promoter on their Instagram) during the Competition Period.
Maximum Number of Entries
10. Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must be submitted separately and each entry must individually meet the requirements in the Schedule and are subject to the Entry Restrictions. Each entry must be unique and any duplicate entries will be invalid.
Selection of Winner
11. The Prize will be awarded through a digitalised random selection process of chance in accordance with a valid entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
12. The Prize will be awarded as specified in the Schedule. The Total Prize Pool value is specified in the Schedule. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value.
13. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, the Promoter will not be responsible for any additional costs associated with the use of the Prize. The Prize winner (and, if applicable, their guest(s)) is responsible for all costs associated with using the Prize including (if applicable) any maintenance costs, registration costs, insurance costs etc.
14. If the Prize is date specific, the Prize winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the dates stipulated by the Promoter. If the Prize winner is not able to redeem the Prize on that date, the Promoter may determine another Prize winner at its absolute discretion.
15. No component of the Prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash, except where it is a cash prize. Where cash is awarded as a Prize, the Prize will be awarded in the form of a bank cheque, via PayPal transfer (fees may apply and are the responsibility of the winning Entrant) or via electronic funds transfer to the winning Entrant’s nominated bank account, at the Promoter’s election.
16. All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
17. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner (and any guests participating in using the Prize) must comply with all the conditions of use of that Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
18. The Promoter will not be held liable for any failure to receive entries. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
19. The name, address, email address and phone number of the winner must be provided to The Promoter if requested and will be shared to enable fulfilment of the Prize.
20. The Prize winner(s) will be notified at the time stated, and via the means stated in the schedule or within one (1) days of the winner's selection by Heaps Normal via direct message on Instagram and any other means of communication set out in the Schedule.
21. The Promoter's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
22. The winner’s names and social media username may be posted on the social media profiles of The Promotor after the winner has been selected.
Rights in Your Entry
23. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, all physical entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
24. To be eligible for a Prize your entry must only include original material created by you or material which you have permission to use, which may be included in your entry.
25. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees:
(a) the Rights in Your Entry specified in the Schedule to exercise all rights in your entry, including without limitation, the right to reproduce and communicate your entry to the public in whole or in part, in perpetuity and throughout the world in any media; and
(b) the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public your name, character, likeness or voice for any promotion or matter incidental to the Competition with no compensation to you for such use.
26. You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the Promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
27. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
Heaps Normal Material
28. If the method of entry instructs you to include any material owned by the Promoter (Heaps Normal material) such as an Heaps Normal trade mark or logo, you agree that: a. you must not use Heaps Normal material for any purpose other than for the purpose of including it in your entry in the Competition;
b. any use of the Heaps Normal material by you will not give you or any other person (other than the Promoter) any right, title or interest in the Heaps Normal material; c. you must not carry on a business under a name which includes the Heaps Normal material or any trade mark similar to the Heaps Normal material; and
d. you must not apply to register a trade mark similar to heaps Normal material. 29. No other party may use the Heaps Normal material without prior approval of the Promoter.
31. Any attempt to interfere with the normal functioning of the Website or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
32. You warrant that:
a. All details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
b. You have all necessary rights to grant the Promoter the rights granted under these Terms and Conditions;
c. Use of your entry by the Promoter, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and
d. Your entry does not breach any law.
33. Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the warranties above and acknowledge that the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, not award the Prize to you for breach of the warranties above.
34. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and any reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter (in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
35. You acknowledge this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to Heaps Normal through the Website rather than to Facebook.
36. If there is any Force Majeure Event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the Prize to the Prize winner(s) the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner. Force Majeure Event means any event or circumstance beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control including but is not limited to epidemics, pandemics and Government sanctioned restrictions and orders, whether known or unknown at the start of the Competition Period. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts under the circumstances to avoid or minimise any Force Majeure Event. An act or omission will be deemed within the reasonable control of a party if committed, omitted, or caused by such party, or its employees, officers, agents, or affiliates.
37. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition. Despite
anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
38. Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any delay, death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any Prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any Prize or damage to any Prize in transit and the Prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party.
39. These Terms and Conditions may be amended or replaced from time to time if required by any Australian regulatory authority.
40. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the States and Territories in which the Competition is conducted and the Commonwealth of Australia. Entrants to the Competition submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of their State or Territory.
41. An entrant and the Promoter agree to not commence court proceedings relating to any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions (Dispute) without first meeting with the other party to (in good faith) resolve the Dispute. If they cannot resolve the Dispute at that meeting, either may refer the matter to a mediator. An entrant and the Promoter agree to attend the mediation in good faith. The costs of the mediation will be shared equally between them. Nothing in this clause will operate to prevent either an entrant or the Promoter from seeking urgent injunctive or equitable relief from a court.
42. These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between the Promoter and any entrant (including a winner) and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between the Promoter and any entrant (including a winner), whether oral or in writing.
43. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all, warranties, guarantees or representations (whether express or implied) except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions.
Last updated 19 Sep 2023